Saturday, April 5, 2008

Oh STOP IT, Cheryl! You're right, though, I'm so lucky to have George. He's so handsome and charming and dashing and ugh, I don't know where to stop! I remember when we met at TT College in Cleveland. I was just a lowly Ceramics major (who knew how to party!), and George was practically king of the campus with his major in Acting and Minor in Musical Theater (he wrote his TT Thesis on Andrew Lloyd Webber--a genius). We met at a party and I was so intimidated to talk to him. He was wearing a denim jacket and a Heart t-shirt--he was so cool. But boy did we ever hit it off. When we started dating, I knew that he was the man I would marry...despite his bedroom "issues" (George had a very difficult child-hood.).

Our marriage was like a whirlwind adventure--before I knew it we had had Joe, Michael, Jordan, and Kevy. Don't you talk to ME about barren ladyparts, missy, until you've squeezed for of them out. Anyway, George is a wonderful father, and so creative! Once a year we have Imagination Christmas because, as George puts it, "Who can wait for Santa when he only comes once a year?!" And every other week we all play family dress-up (Georgie's idea, of course). Last week, we all dressed up like movie stars from the forties. Oh you should've seen, Kevy, Cheryl, he was so cute as a tiny Vivian Leigh. Now I was a bit cautious about dressing him up like a woman, but George said it was fine, and you know George when he puts his foot down...Oh my. It's scary.


Yeah, George is great. What? Jimmy's parents are separating? That's horrible. I wonder if Mr. Matthews has any secret babies. They're so common these days. What's happening to marriage in this country? Speaking of this country....you support Hillary? Oh Cheryl, what are you doing? She's such a goblin. Have you given up on hope? And change? What about change, Cheryl? You're better than that, baby.

You're right, by the way. This society has such a way of making people feel OLD. My Joey came home (I think it was from your house, actually), and he looked tired--his eyes were very red, and he called me a "trick." What does that mean? Whatever it means, it sure is playful.

Huh? OH MY GOD! WILDCATS WIN! WILDCATS WIN! That is so wonderful. And we've sold 20 raffle tickets! I think we can call this night a success, Cher. What? Oh hahaha. A nightclub, that's rich! Very funny, silly girl. No, I think George and I are going to put the kids to bed and cuddle up with some Sondheim. I'll see you next week, k?

No comments: